About The Forex Trading System and Market
The foreign exchange (currency or forex) market exists wherever one currency is traded for another. Forex market is the largest market in the world, in terms of cash value traded, and includes trading between large banks, central banks, currency speculators, multinational corporations, governments, and other financial markets and institutions. Retail traders (small speculators) are a small part of this market may only participate indirectly through forex brokers or market maker like MoneyForex Financial or banks.
With international trade, the currency of one country must be exchanged for that of another for settlement of a transaction. Institutions and corporations in the international market place oftentimes need a certain currency to complete a deal, or to guard themselves from the effects of currency swings and rate changes. This system involving the exchange of different currencies has created the Foreign Exchange market, or FOREX, or FX. and more correctly known as the Global Interbank Currency Exchange Market.
Like stocks, gold and real estate investments, Foreign Exchange has become a very important tool for the investment community. Forex trading provides certain additional advantages:
The forex market is very different from other markets for the following reasons:
1. It has no central location. Banks from all over the world trade their currency on a large network made up of computers world-wide.
2. It has massive amounts of liquidity. Over $4 trillion are traded on the forex market each day. Compare that to only $25 billion on the New York Stock Exchange.
3. It is open 24 hours a day, 5 days a week. How? It is always business hours somewhere in the world (except the weekend). Orders are routed through the network to whichever banks are open.
- $3 trillion daily turnover
- $35 million traded every second
- 40 x the size of NASDAQ